Integrated Learning Tools
UChicago has a number of integrated learning tools using the LTI standard that connect to Canvas and extend its functionality. “LTI” stands for Learning Tool Interoperability and is a standard that allows developers to create easily integrated tools with learning management systems that follow the LTI standard. Some integrated learning tools are connected to Canvas at the root level, meaning they can be leveraged by any group of courses. Other integrated learning tools are specific to certain academic areas, and they are only available within a specific academic subaccount within Canvas.
Note that for integrated learning tools to work correctly with Canvas, your default email address in Canvas should be your @uchicago.edu address. An address with a different domain (e.g. @chicagobooth.edu) can cause problems and prevent you from accessing learning tools through Canvas. If you prefer to receive Canvas communications at an email address other than your uchicago.edu address, it is best to forward your email to your preferred account.
Please see the list of learning tools that are currently integrated with Canvas below. Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions about using the current integrated learning tools or need assistance resetting your default email address in Canvas. To request a new learning tool integration with Canvas (not already listed below), please fill out our integration request form.
Integrated Learning Tools Available to All Courses
Please note: Some applications listed do require separate accounts and payment be set up in advance. Others are centrally funded, as noted.
- Ares Library Reserves (funded by the Library)
- Blue Course Evaluations (funded by the University Registrar)
- Box (funded by IT Services)
- Campus Press (Voices blog service; funded by IT Services)
- Cengage Learning Mindlinks
- EvaluationKIT (BSD)
- Gradescope – pilot (funded by IT Services)
- Name Coach (funded by the University Registrar)
- Panopto Video (funded by IT Services)
- Pearson MyLab and Mastering
- Poll Everywhere (funded by IT Services)
- Seminary Co-op (books listed for purchase)
- UChicago Bookstore (books listed for purchase)
Integrated Learning Tools for Specific Academic Areas
The following integrated learning tools are only used by specific academic areas. They are only integrated at the academic subaccount level. If you have questions or would like to add a specific learning tool you use to your area subaccount, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Biological Sciences Division
- Macmillan Learning LaunchPad
- Chicago Booth
- Harvard Business Publishing
- Graham School
- Humanities Division
- Smart Sparrow (Romance Languages and Literature)
- Hypothesis (Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations)
- Law School
- Ooh La La
- Physical Sciences Division
- Gradarius (Mathematics)
- Social Service Administartion