While we do offer many in-person opportunities to learn Canvas in our workshops or walk-in hours, we know many instructors may prefer to start with online documentation first. There are several different types of resources and documentation available for instructors to get started with or learn something new about Canvas.
- Workshop documentation
- Links to our Knowledge Base articles about Canvas
- Curated lists of Canvas Guides from Instructure (step-by-step guides for how to use specific features)
- Information about the differences between Chalk and Canvas and migrating Chalk courses to Canvas
- Best practices & FAQs
- Information about how to use integrated learning or collaboration tools (e.g. Box, Voices blogs, Respondus, etc.)
- Lynda.com self-paced course for instructors on Canvas
- Documentation for students
- Information about Canvas mobile apps
If you’re looking for something else or an answer you cannot find, also check out the Canvas Community where many ideas and answers are shared on a wide range of topics. Also, don’t forget you can contact Instructure’s Canvas Support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by chat (available under the Help menu when you are logged into Canvas) or by phone at 844-334-6803. If you feel we’re missing a piece of documentation that would be helpful to you and your colleagues, shoot us an email at email@example.com and let us know.