Canvas TransitionChoosing Canvas as the next LMS
*Check the Transition Scheduling FAQ to see if you are a good candidate for early adoption of Canvas
Spring Quarter 2017 Metrics
Faculty & Lecturers
LMS Review Faculty Committee
- Laurie Butler, Physical Sciences Division
- Jeanne Farnan, Biological Sciences Division
- Christopher Higgins, ex officio from IT Services
- Alison Hunter, Biological Sciences Division
- Ana Lima, The College
- William Rando, ex officio from the Chicago Center for Teaching
- D. N. Rodowick, Humanities Division
- Margaret Schilt, Law School
- James Sparrow, Social Sciences Division
- Craig Wortmann, Chicago Booth
LMS Review Assessment Plan
The LMS Review Faculty Committee will use various data and resources to inform their assessment during the LMS review process.
Common tasks used by most faculty, advanced functions, and tasks that staff perform in support of instructors, were evaluated in Chalk and two pilot systems.
Faculty and students who used Chalk and the Canvas pilot system provided information about their experiences via surveys in Autumn 2015.
A standard technical review, based on technical and security requirements, was conducted by the IT Services Technical Architecture Committee.
IT Services reviewed the availability and usability of faculty-specified requirements and reported the strengths, weaknesses, bonuses and concerns for each system.